Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Waiting Again

What a passionate bunch you are! Your comments came from the heart, evidenced by their length and depth of thought. Reading your input helped me through the last couple days. Thanks. I think the music blog is going to be a great way to keep you all up to date on my private postings, and I'm glad to see so many already following it.

Before I forget, you should check out Jessica Who's First Blogiversary post. Psshht! One year is nothin'! Try doing two years, then talk to me. Really, though, she does a great job keeping it fresh and thought provoking. Plus, it's public! (Yes, I'm trying to win a gift certificate. Is it that obvious?)

Back to me, where the attention should be. Mrs. Leslie had her head shrunk today. She seemed very distant when she got home. As I was getting ready for work, she asked if I have an appointment this week. I said yes, and she said that she wondered if we would ever have the time to talk before it.

Makes me wonder what they spoke of. Not gonna be good news for me, I'd bargain. So now I wait for the other shoe to drop. As a result, my dysphoria is peaking in a way that it hasn't for some time. Probably still only a five on the one-to-ten scale, but its presence is not welcome.

I hate being a sad sack about all this crap. I'll never be Little Miss Sunshine, but the Princess of Darkness isn't something I relish, either. Maybe this will all blow over soon (riiiight!), or maybe I'll start seriously looking into a divorce, as some of you are counseling. I take no offense to those comments. You are saying things I have mulled over many times. I need to hear it from others too, when it's an appropriate response (like this time). It's good to know so many folks have my back.

8 comments:

  1. Oops, meant to apologize! I have received a bunch of emails from my friends, and I have been remiss in replying. I will get to everyone in time, I promise. Thanks for the mail!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need the undies to cheer you up so I will not enter the competition, sorry Jessica that means I can't publicise your blog.

    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry Leslie, you aren't being a sad sack, you're having a rough time and you need to talk about it.

    Anyway, Princess of Darkness sounds kinda cool. Do you get a magic sword and a cape or something?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No need to apologise, you have enough to think about though when you post a message like :- "I think you are blind to the fact that the hand you hold is the hand that holds you down" we know she has got you thinking hard.

    Take care now.

    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been away Leslie, and missed much of the recent goings on. You are getting much in the way of support and good advice from the fan club, and I am glad to see that.

    Couple of spoonfuls I will add here.

    1. try to keep an open(er) mind. You are expecting bad news from your wife. You are likely to get what you expect. Her quietude may come from a place of hurt that you can (and should) help her through.
    2. make a point of demuring the personal pronouns. Yes, it is all about you, but the marriage is a joint enterprise. All marriage things, including the end of one, are best thought of as "we" things. You should be brave and considerate enough to each other to look at what divorce looks like jointly.
    3. looking forward to visiting the earworm site. Love your taste in matters of style and music.

    Keep well, thanks for sharing - Petra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Re: "Mrs. Leslie had her head shrunk today. She seemed very distant when she got home."


    Maybe her shrink said some things to her, that she didn't want to hear. If she is being truly open and honest in her therapy sessions, then her therapist should be aware of her manipulative nature. I can't imagine a professional councilor giving her a pat on the back, and saying way to go girl!

    Melissa XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your wife may have been merely lost in thought, considering the error of her ways? Too much to believe, huh? Sorry, I always try to look at the bright side of things.

    "The hand you hold is the hand that holds you down," indeed. Life's too short to live that way. With or without your wife, you simply need the freedom to be yourself. Everyone does.

    ReplyDelete
  8. *cough cough* and what may I ask is wrong with being a Dark Princess!?! Granted I may have a slightly skewed opinion due to being a half-demoness myself, but the longer you lurk in the shadows with all us other monsters, the easier it will become for you to acclimate without even noticing until it is too late. Hmmm, actually take that as a fair warning because you are too sweet to drown away in the realms I stalk. Misery may love company but it is already way too crowded and I do get tired of thumping people on the head and tossing them back out into the light. Besides, I just finally managed to get all the blood cleaned off my cudgel so please don't make me dig out the buffing rag again.

    ReplyDelete