Thursday, February 4, 2010

Aborted Attempt

I got a short respite from the drag of being in drab tonight. Silk slip, dress, heels, lipstick, earrings, and my lesser, easier wig. I was dressed for about 30 minutes before I thought I was hearing some movement upstairs. What I really wanted was full makeup and my good wig. That might have improved the experience. Anyway, I actually don't feel the least bit relieved for having done this. Grrr. Four weeks from Saturday, my next support meeting. Therapy Thursday afternoon should be a real kick. I'm gonna need a plan, methinks. I'm starting to contemplate doing stupidly risky things, and I do not want to go there.

Good distractions are in the offing, though. Lost has opened its final season, and baseball's spring training starts in a couple weeks. Anything that will occupy my brain is a positive.

I have an idea for a sidebar on my page, something I can update daily. Gonna have to find the right widget to make it work, but that's the good kind of challenge.

2 comments:

  1. That's right, rub it in that you get the good telly before us! :)

    Do you get charity events on your side of the pond? Sponsored "girl-for-a-day"? Seems quite a popular fundraising wheeze here, judging from the number of times I've shoved a fiver in a Comic Relief bucket for one poorly-drag'd-up colleague or other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to be at the meeting Saturday? I'm hoping to make it up there. :)

    ReplyDelete