"I wanna be cool, tall, vulnerable, and luscious"
"Perfect World" Liz Phair
The suspense is over. I finally had to ask what the birthday gift idea was. Oooo, pinch me! It's a DVR! Well, nothing could acknowledge my inner feminine nature more than the ability to record television digitally. Sarcasm aside (for now), this amounts to disguising a household purchase as a gift. She actually likes this for herself. We got a new back door for her birthday. And we all get to use it!
So, I'm disappointed. Maybe for Father's Day I can get some shapewear or makeup. "Here, Dad, be all you can be."
Sorry, a little bitter. Just venting. Life goes on, if you call this living.
A wood and two roads
11 hours ago

Oh sweetie, I know eggsactly how you feel...my SO does not acknowledge my feminine side...though once I got a handbag...(a cheap dollar store item), but it was an afterthought gift...she did not mean it to be a precious gift, though that's how I took it
ReplyDeleteIt's probably better she didn't buy you anything girlie. If she had, we'd be reading a blog about hopefulness right now, and while hope is good, we often want it so bad we see it in places it doesn't exist. Regardless of how you decide to get on with "living", you need to know exactly how she feels about your transness.
ReplyDeleteGiven what you've said here, I think her position is obvious.
So, Leslie....
ReplyDeleteIf you get The Documentary Channel, there seems to be at least one gender related documentary program listed every week. Some very interesting programs, including one I recently saw which related to a gene as the cause of gender dysphoria and transsexuality.
Clearly, the recording of programs like these is what your wife had in mind when she gave you the DVR. It is her way of telling you she needs to learn more about the subject.
Wishful thinking?
Sounds like the perfect opportunity for you to be carefully picking her next B-day gift...perhaps a nice pair of heels that will fit only you. Or, how about a gift certificate for a ear piercing session?...I assume hers are already pierced. Just some useful suggestions. I'll give you $50 for the DVR...I don't have one...lol. :)Suzi
ReplyDelete