Thursday, January 14, 2010

Doing Something Right

Depending on the answer to the question I asked my wife, the alternate title was Bang Bang (She Shot Me Down). Glad that one can be saved for another time.

It was a speculative question, really. My friend Sylvia sent an email last weekend saying that she was considering a gathering at her home this Saturday. Now, I missed my January meeting and I have another engagement during the February meeting, so any serious Leslie time would be a good thing. It's going to be a full three months between support meetings. "I canna do it, Cap'n. She won't take much more." I'm in a good place right now, but by the beginning of April, who knows?

So, when I got home from work, I mentioned Sylvia's get-together. I said that I thought I might go, or perhaps we might go. "Hmm, I don't know." Given the tenor of previous conversations on the subject, this sounds promising. Really. I didn't get the knee-jerk no that I half-expected.

I do believe that Mrs. L trusts me a little more now, but I am convinced that one thing holding her back is not knowing my closest friends. They are wonderful people who have my back. What's not to like? I wouldn't hang with catty divas or PVC-wearing fetishers. My tres amigas are warm, kind, supportive, smart and funny, just like me(!).

Even if the plans have not come together, I feel like there's a real possibility that she'll be willing to consort with them in the near future. Those of you who have been following me for the full two years probably thought this day would never come. I wondered too.

9 comments:

  1. I'm happy things are going better for you hon. That would be so kewl if she would be up to meeting us. Actually, we're all just plain, honest folks sharing friendship. Who couldn't love that? Perhaps it would cure the fear of the unknown.

    Hope to see ya soon!

    Peace,
    <3 Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fingers are crossed for you, honey!

    Hugs
    chrissie
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that sure is better than the "Bang Bang" title. All three of the support groups I go to specifically invite spouses to attend and quite a few do. My wife used to go with me to the crossdressers group I started out with and she enjoyed herself and the company. Like Tina said, it is important for them to realize that we really are (mostly) normal folks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It certainly sounds a lot more positive than recent posts - I'm really pleased for you.

    Fingers crossed for the future.

    Stace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good, good news. Keep a steady hand on the tiller, your pace is paying off.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news girl. Hopefully your wonderful and inspiring patience will pay off at some point, even soon. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yikes! I'll be recovering from laser. What a first impression. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news! I'll keep my fingers (and toes) crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate to be a wet blanket, but "Hmm, I don't know." does not sound like a very positive response to me. Given what you have told us about her in the past, I shall be very surprised if she goes with you, especially if you go as Leslie. I hope I am wrong, so I will be keeping my fingers crossed too. I tried crossing my toes like Rebecca, but beings from the planet that I come from can't do that. ☹

    Melissa ⚇

    ReplyDelete