Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Motherlode

"Got the style, but not the grace. Got the clothes, but not the face"
"Big in Japan" Tom Waits

This qualifies as lighter fare, fluff even. I am in heaven. I have found a cache of clothes that are new to the household, probably castoffs from my wife's friend's daughter. Tops, skirts, dresses, many still with tags, sizes 7 and 9. This stuff skews a little young, but I am so going to claim a few things.

This laundry basket has been in my way for at least three weeks, but I never really noticed the contents. No one else is paying any mind to it, so I say it's unclaimed. I'm planting my flag here. This is bringing out the demented crossdresser in me. I've tried on two mid-calf length skirts while I've been writing...

Earlier tonight, I phoned my old buddy since fifth grade (Hi, Steve! Wave to all my friends!). We check in from time to time, and he's been reading my blog. He's been surprised by some of the content. It's like a different person writing it, he says. And it really is a different person than he grew up with.

You see, I told him of my crossdressing twenty years ago, about the same time as I told my wife. He was very surprised, but a whole lot more accepting than she was. Of course, he didn't have to live with me. The revelation only made me slightly stranger than before. He's never seen Leslie, and asked me to warn him if I ever get around to posting a picture. Seeing me dolled up would add a layer of weirdness, no?

Okay, back to the clothes! Oooooooooo, sparkly......

No comments:

Post a Comment