"Maybe I think too much" -- Paul Simon --
So I'm sitting around tonight in a dress and heels. I feel so at peace, so right with the world. This is where I should be and how I should be.
But there's a nagging feeling behind the warm fuzzies, the sad sensation that this must come to an end, that freedom is fleeting, that I have to return to man-world shortly. I have years of this in-between awaiting me, maybe a lifetime. A solution to this dual lifestyle is forming in my head. I can see how it might play out. But without a winning lottery ticket or an unknown rich dead relative, I can't foresee much progress.
I need to learn to enjoy the moment, concentrate on the good feelings while I'm having them. This may be as much joy as I can ever wring out of my situation. The future can wait.
A wood and two roads
11 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment