Monday, September 20, 2010

Maybe Soon

The computer front is looking a bit brighter, like the eastern sky a couple hours before dawn.

Our laptop is undergoing unknown experimental treatment by my sister-in-law. How that will pan out is anyone's guess.

More standard remedies are being applied to our desktop Dell. My wife has reformatted it after backing stuff up on our new external drive. She might be willing to release me to the interwebs on it soon.

I fear that I am the culprit that brought trojan horse viruses to our two laptops. I think I picked them up on tg caption sites. I may be old and harmless, but I ain't dead. A little kinky fantasy about forced feminization still turns this girl's crank. I will just have to have my fun elsewhere.

Still typing on the Wii for now. It works okay for blogger and making comments, but is incompatible with Yahoo's email. I can read email with no problem, but I cannot type a response. I hope no one has decided that I'm an uncouth biotch, because it is beyond my powers to fix it. I will spend some nights catching up as soon as I have a proper connection again.

Ta for now, ladies. Hope to be back in saddle soon.

4 comments:

  1. If I believed in Hell, I would hope there is an especially hot little corner, reserved for the fiends who propagate computer viruses, spyware, malwear, etc.

    Clicking on any link at all related to sex, risks infecting your computer. The computer criminals love to use these sites as vectors for spreading their disease, because human nature being what it is, sex related sights are so popular.

    A couple of months ago, just out of curiosity, I clicked on a link to hormones. As it turned out, it was not a link to a site having the slightest thing to do with hormones. It was instead, a site promoting internet sales of Viagra and other sexual enhancement pills. I immediately left that site, but within a few days, I started noticing emails coming into my inbox from an address I was unfamiliar with. When I opened up the email, I found it was an ad for Viagra, and in addition to me, it was being sent to other addresses on my contact list. Every day after that, I would get a similar email, and just like the first one, addresses on my contact list would be included. I had to delete all of my contacts and unable 3rd party cookies, to get the spam to stop. Fortunately it only affected my MSN Hotmail account, and not my Gmail. I blame a lot of this on Microsoft. Their products are notoriously vulnerable to infections. My old HP PC ran Windows, and within a few years time, it was rendered practically useless, because of infections. Installing anti-virus and anti-spyware protection only made it run slower, and made some functions impossible. I've had a few problems with my Mac, but they have all been related exclusively to Blogger post editing and commenting, and I think that is more a compatibility issue with my wireless server.

    I hope your sister-in-law can cure your machine's ills. Let this be a lesson to you, stay away from those fantasy sites! Don't you know that stuff will make you go blind? ;-)

    Melissa XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am deeply impressed to find you using a wii as a blogging tool! Minority-browser-tastic!

    Has anyone ever suggested a live CD to you? Knoppix is a full Linux distro that you download and write to a CD, then simply boot your PC from the CD drive when you want to walk on the wild side. Viruses can't write to a CD, so live CD browsers are immune to them. Just a thought.

    http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie,

    Typing on a wii? You are awesome. :)

    I will second the Linux distro solution. Completely legal and all the tools you need to do everything you want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I clicked on a totally harmless, somewhat work related website today and the virus red flags came up on my computer. I didn't do anything except yell for the IT guy. He clicked a few things and all was well. Told me I did good by calling him and not doing anything.

    The point here, Leslie, is that it might not have been you who was responsible for the infecting.

    Calie xxx

    ReplyDelete