The pink fog comes on little kitten heels.*
As has become the norm, it snuck up on me again. I don't even realize that it's there until I, um, notice it. That my thoughts have been lingering continually on a very narrow area, and how very lonely I am feeling. It's sneaky that way. Like cooking a lobster: start with a cold pot of water, and it doesn't even know that the end is near.
The
mini-crisis worked itself out by attending my monthly meeting, just the
elixir that I have come to count on. Our guest speaker was my
therapist, and she had prepared a presentation this time around.
Previous times, she had moderated Q&A sessions, which were great,
but this was more engaging for the group as a whole. She has taught
Sexual Development at the university, and this played out like a good
interactive lecture.
The company of my friends broke
the spell of my dysphoria. They have problems, too, and that pulls me
out of my own self-pitying habit. My issues are different, but are
certainly no worse than many others. It's a nice little reality check.
Zen and the art of motor-psyche maintenance.
5am and off to bed.
* (apologies to Carl Sandburg)
A wood and two roads
11 hours ago

Apologies accepted on behalf of Carl.
ReplyDelete- Mrs Sandburg
Oh, and an email should be waiting for you soon.
I think it's funny when people start talking about their problems around me and then STOP and say... but YOU don't need to hear about MY problems, you have much bigger things. I always tell them their problems are a relief. It's nice to not be so self-focused. And I SO mean that! LOL Hugs!!!
ReplyDelete